Friday, October 1, 2010

Lunchbox Laboratory

As I woke up dazed and confused, I looked around… I was in my car which was parked in a garage, not in my bed. I was in a suit, not in my pj’s so apparently I went to the office today. What had happened? What time was it? Why was I almost non-functional? Slowly sitting up, I looked at my watch- 3:34pm. I was lethargic and unmotivated to do anything but curl up into a ball and sleep for the rest of eternity. Then I remembered… I went to Lunchbox Laboratory for burgers.

While yours truly is never opposed to a good food coma, I highly suggest that you not engage in that activity on a day that you actually have to be functional. But if you are going to self-induce hours of lethargic-best-food-sleep-of-your-life, then I highly suggest you do it via Lunchbox Laboratory.

Nestled in a little joint on 15th and 73rd, this place boasts some of the best burgers that I’ve had in Seattle. With the menu written on a chalkboard and the entrance covered in retro lunchboxes, it’s definitely become one of my favorite places in town. And of course allowing you to make your selections of seasonings, cheeses and even multiple types of French fries always makes this foodie a happy girl. Gourmet cheeses, fries that encompassed the spectrum from shoestring to tater-tots, to steak fries and beyond with salts from rosemary to truffle, I knew immediately that this place would be awesome. So what did we order? The truffle burger with bacon of course. A side of tater tots with bacon-garlic salt and chocolate malt that brought me right back to my childhood science class as it was served in a beaker.

Now the Mancandy eats a lot. In fact I sometimes joke that he has a hollow leg as I have zero idea where he puts all the food that we eat, but the burgers are so rich and amazing here that we were able to split a burger, fries and shake and be completely satisfied… Hello! I actually left work and had to nap in my car from the coma that it put me in.

So when it comes to burgers in Seattle, I definitely recommend checking this fabulous little place out. Take a field trip back through time to your childhood science class, mix and match ingredients and sip cool concoctions out of glass beakers… Because here, it’s always a fabulous idea to play with your food. Bon appĂ©tit!

No comments:

Post a Comment